Known Issues & Top Tips
The visual builder is a brand new addition and as such we’re bound to have a few wrinkles to iron out. Here’s a couple we know about and are working on. If you find issues not listed here be sure to let us know at email@example.com. If you have questions please join us and other Zapier Platform developers on Slack here.
- Incomplete validation rules for input fields When adding input fields, particularly when working with dictionary types, line items, and drop downs, take care when selecting options like “allow multiples”, etc. For now you might have a look at the schema for Fields to see what’s allowed, while we work to implement better guard rails for field creation.
- Save your work often!
- When configuring a dynamic dropdown in the Input Designer we show you a preview of what that dropdown will look like over on the right side of the page. If you click on it, it won’t actually load data and will show an error. This is ok - it doesn’t mean there’s a problem with your dropdown. It’s just that the preview isn’t connected to a live account. To see your dynamic dropdown with real data loaded, create a Zap in the Zap Editor.
- In the embedded test component there is a form that allows you to enter test data for any input field that would normally be provided by the Zap when it’s running. The form, or “Pretty” view only accepts scalar values (strings, integers, booleans, etc). If your action takes, say, a line item or dictionary type, use the “Raw” view to add that JSON directly into the mock data object that will be passed to your request while testing.
- If you are adding dynamic fields, create and configure a Zap to test your code. Use the Monitoring component (available from the left hand navigation) to see what’s going on with your request under the hood.
- If you are adding dynamic fields you’ll want to use Code Mode when configuring the API request and use something like
...bundle.inputDatato reference all of the fields that were created dynamically at runtime.
- Be sure to review the other FAQs for other helpful tips!