Add a new integration to the Zapier Platform
Every new Zapier integration starts with details about the app. Zapier integrates with 6,000+ apps, and counting. That makes it crucial to help people find your app among all the others on the platform. With a clear description and logo, and placement in the category that best represents your app, your users will be able to easily find your app and new users will likely discover your app as they search for tools that fit their needs.
To make a new integration in Zapier Platform UI:
- Open Zapier’s visual builder at zapier.com/app/developer
- Fill in the details about your app
- Add your API’s authentication, triggers, and actions
If needed, you can come back anytime and update your app’s name, logo, description, or category later.
Here are guidelines for each detail needed:
Add your app’s real name, without any additional description, adjectives, or tagline. Use the same capitalization and spacing as your app uses in its branding and website. Do not include trademark or copyright symbols.
Include a description in up to 140 characters of your app’s core features and use-case, for example “Trello is team collaboration tool to organize tasks on a kanban board and keep projects on track.” Do not include overstated language, such as that your app is most popular or best. Additionally, do not mention Zapier. Focus instead on why someone would use your app.
Use proper English, complete sentences, and punctuation. Do not include links or formatting.
Upload your app’s logo. Make sure your logo is a square, transparent PNG file with dimensions of at least 256x256px (use a larger image if available, but do not exceed 2048x2048px). If your logo uses a solid background, round the corners 3% of the width and make their background transparent.
Do not include your app’s name in the logomark, as it will not be legible at smaller sizes.
Zapier will use your logo full-size in the Zapier App Directory to promote the integration, and will automatically re-size it to use inside the Zap editor and in other parts of the Zapier app.
Answer Questions About Your App
Then, Zapier asks a few questions about your integration:
- Intended Audience: In the dropdown menu, select the type of integration you’re building:
- Role: Select your relationship to this app. Most public app integrations are built by their internal development teams, but if you want to build an integration for an app you’re not affiliated with, you can still build a private integration.
- Category: Choose the category that fits your app best. Always select the most appropriate, specific category for the features your app supports today. If your app covers multiple categories (for example, if it has both project management tools and social media management tools), choose the category that fits your app’s primary use-case and selling point.
Save your integration, then you’re ready to add your API authentication details and start building your Zapier integration.
Edit Your Zapier Integration Info
Need to update your app’s description or branding? You can do that anytime from your Zapier integration settings.
Open your integration in Zapier Platform’s visual editor, and click the gear icon beside your app name in the top left to update anything about your app, including your app’s name. Do note that the changes will show up in existing Zaps that use your integration, so it’s best to update branding in full new versions of your integration to launch alongside new features.