Promote a version
After your integration has entered the beta or public status, you can set a new default version for public use. This process is called promoting a version.
Promote a version with Platform UI
- Log into the Platform UI.
- Select your integration.
- In the Manage section in the left sidebar, click your Versions.
- On your version you want to promote, click the three dots icon .
- To make the chosen version the public and default version, click Promote.
Note: If you have a private integration, you will not see the Promote option. Instead, you can share your new version with users.
Promote a version with Platform CLI
In the Platform CLI, you can run
zapier promote [version] to make the specified version number the new public and default version. Learn more about promoting a version using the Platform CLI .
What happens after you promote a version?
After successfully promoting a version:
- Zap templates update: If there are no breaking changes, all Zap templates will be updated to use the new public version.
- New triggers and actions: Any newly added triggers or actions will be displayed on your integration’s public app page.
- User experience: Users who select your integration for a new Zap will interact with the promoted version by default.
By following these steps, you can seamlessly promote a new version of your integration, ensuring that new users have access to the latest features and improvements.